Friday, July 10, 2009

Read and Be Kind!!!

I have now read 3 Paulo Coelho books. I really, really love his writing. I read The Alchemist first. Then I moved onto Warrior of the Light, then to The Valkyries. The book Warrior of the Light is great because it's made up of a ton of passages. My husband read this book along with me. Here is a quote from Warrior of The Light that I seem to be living right now:

"The Warrior of the Light needs time to himself. And he uses that time for rest, contemplation, and contact with the Soul of the World. Even in the midst of a battle, he manages to meditate."

It seems to sum up what we all need to do sometimes. We should contemplate on what we are striving for in life. I really feel humans should take a "time out" and see if everything they are doing serves some sort of purpose. Are you being selfish and only thinking of yourself and your needs every day, or do you think of others? Some people's answer to that question is "Of course I think of others! I get my kids up everyday and feed them, and bathe them, and make sure they have what they need. So NO, I am not selfish." I am not talking about that. I am talking about this exactly: Do you TRULY pay attention to those around you?

Pay attention to others and their needs as well as your own. Hold a door for someone. (That's one of my biggest pet peeves!!! When you know someone is going in or out of the same door, hold it for them!!! Even if you are in a hurry!) Wave at someone when they have let your car into traffic when it was backed up for miles. Tell someone that they dropped that dollar instead of picking it up for yourself. (Think: that may have been the last dollar they had for the week. It's true!) Of course, we all make mistakes and forget about those little things sometimes and that's okay. But try to add in a kind act once a day, and then you'll notice yourself doing it all the time.

Another book I am reading is called Living Your Life on Purpose by Rick Warren. It's about trying to figure out your purpose in life. I try to live my life with purpose. I've felt that way for a long time. I am still trying to figure out exactly what my specific purpose in life is, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what it is. It has something to do with helping others. I don't want to just help others though, on a local basis. I want to make a difference in the world. I know I can't change the world! But, I'd like to add an ounce of happiness around the world with my creative ideas and talents. I was given true talents from HIM and I must use those gifts at a bigger level. Think about what your true talents are and how you can use them, even if you are busy and have a job that has nothing to do with your talents, to make a difference in the world.

A book I just finished is called The Shack by William P. Young. It was really good. Kind of sad, but good. It really makes you think. It has a religious thread that runs throughout the whole book. No matter what religion you are or even if you are not religious at all, this book still can get to you. I don't want to give away too much, but the beginning of the book read like Forensic Files (I like that show....mysterious) and it really captures your attention.

Yes, the books I've been reading this summer are kind of heavy. BUT, like the quote I wrote about above, I am taking time out to contemplate and contact the Soul of the World, and I know it is helping me continue on my journey to find my Personal Legend. :) Continuing on, when many think I shouldn't and think I may be crazy, is the only thing that I want to do.

Bought back my Pammie the Peacock rainbarrel today! I wanted her to come home so bad, and she did! She will look so pretty in my yard. Now she has to meet Humphrey GoKart. See some of my YouTube videos to figure out who he is.

No comments: