Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Carolyn Braden Is Poetry?

I've been feeling so upset for a while because I haven't had a chance to be creative.  Since starting back to school in August, I have not created on thing artistically for myself.  I've had absolutely zero inspiration.  Then, we recently had some bad weather and I got an unexpected early start to my winter break.  With having the time off, I've been able to actually think of myself for once, therefore, my inspirations started to come back to me.  A little while ago, someone told me I needed to write poetry.  I've written poetry in the past, but never thought of it as being "real".  It was before I knew I was actually a creative person who didn't think like everyone else.  I used to take my talents for granted because I didn't know that my gifts were anything special.  I just thought everyone was like me.  I had an awakening a couple of years ago that made me stop in my tracks and truly told me I was different.  I then realized what I made was really art, and I've taken it very seriously since.


So.....here is some of my first bits of creativity that has been suppressed since August.  


Poem One:  


It's time to stop the punches you throw.
It's time to just let you go.
You said you wished I'd go away,
but you really thought I'd want to stay.
It just doesn't matter anymore.
I've already walked out the door.
I've loved, I've hoped, I've tried.
You knew how much I cried.
My tears have now all dried.
It's time.  
I've forever put you aside.

No comments: